Motte Rimrock Reserve Weather and Climate Information
The mission of the Natural Reserve System is to contribute to the understanding and wise management of the Earth and its natural systems by supporting university-level teaching, research, and public service at protected natural areas throughout California.
The Motte Rimrock Reserve is a biological field station of the University of California, Riverside and the Natural Reserve System.
- Location: Western Riverside County, 1 mi NW of Perris; 15 mi S of Riverside campus. Map
- Size: 289 hectares (715 acres)
- Elevation: 482 - 605 m (1,580 - 1,985 ft)
- Average Precipitation: 33 cm (13 in) per year
- Temperatures: Mean July Max: 37°C (98°F) - Mean January Min: 2°C (36°F)
- Facilities: Campground. Bunkhouse that sleeps fourteen. Small laboratory with workspace.